Project Investigator/Coordinator : Dr. Rakesh Kumar, AP, SoBT
Co-PI: Dr. Swarkar Sharma, AP, SoBT
- CGRP a group of 7 dedicated PhD Scholars is working under the Supervision of Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Assistant Professor and Coordinator, CGRP SoBT, and ICMR-CAR, SMVDU.
- Area of work: Lung cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer and Leukemia.
- CGRP has produced 24 master thesis (M.Sc. Biotechnology) on cancer biology.
- CGRP is presently working in collaboration with Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio, USA, Houston Methodist, Houston Texas, USA, BARC, Mumbai, IISc, Banglore, AIIMS, New Delhi, NBRC, Gurgaon, IIIM, Jammu and CCMB Hyderabad.
- A patent in collaboration with Dr. Swarkar Sharma regarding ‘Novel Method to detect the Telomere Length’ has been submitted.
- CGPR has secured 12 Awards and has received funding for various Research Projects by JK-DST, SERB-DST, DST-GoI and ICMR-GoI amount to 12.0 crores and has established Facilities like Tissue culture and Advance Microscopy Labs at SMVDU.
- CGPR has submitted more than 14 papers in peer reviewed high impact journals of which 3 papers have already been accepted in 2018 and 4 are undergoing second revisions.
- The findings obtained on the basis of various samples collected from different hospitals of J&K, will provide an insight in understanding the genetic etiology and highlights the role of associated pathways in North Indian population.
- As a societal responsibility, CGPR held a mega cancer awareness camp at Mata Kheer Bhawani, Kashmir on 1st June 2016, in which more than 5000 people participated and organized “ ” in the University campus