The Department initially started as School of Applied Physics & Mathematics in the year 2005-2006. However, in 2008 it evolved as a separate full-fledged school. The objective of the Department is to pursue research besides offering courses to the Under Graduate and Post Graduate students in Mathematics.
The mission of the department is the pursuit of Education, Scholarship and Research in Mathematical Sciences at the highest International levels of excellence.
Establishment of a Centre of Excellence in Mathematical Sciences to nurture young talented human resource for the service of society.
- To provide education and training of excellent quality both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To ensure that the school achieves and maintains an international standing in both teaching and research.
- To promote study and research in new and emerging areas in Mathematical Sciences and encourage academic interaction of the faculty and students at national and international levels.
- To encourage close collaboration with institutes of higher learning & research and facilitate the application of Mathematics in other disciplines and for the benefit of society.
- To encourage the formation of research groups to conduct research interdisciplinary in nature.